Updated: August 17, 2021
You can browse most of our site without telling us who you are. We collect a minimal amount of data that is used for a limited purpose. If you choose to give us personal information, such as your email, when you use the name generators, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. We may collect and store the following personal information in the United States, and other countries:
- email address;
- transactional information based on your activities on businessnamezone.com; and
- standard web log information, such as connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our site, ad data, geolocation data, your operating system and version, including the type and version of the browser you use, and IP address.
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Information described above will depend on the specific Information we collect and the specific context in which we collect it. We will normally collect and use Information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, and services; ensuring the security of the services and our website; for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party; and for our marketing activities. Where required by law, we will collect Information only where we have your consent to do so.
We do not collect or use any special categories of personal data (“sensitive data”) from you, unless you decide, at your own discretion, to provide such data to us. Sensitive data is information that relates to your health, religious and political beliefs, racial origins, membership of a professional or trade association, or sexual orientation.
Your information is stored on our servers (managed by top-tier cloud service providers) located in the United States. We are committed to industry best practices concerning security to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information in our possession. However, as you know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Our entire site is protected in a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) session, which encrypts all transaction data for transmittal in a format that prevents theft of the information. While on a secure page, the lock in your web browser becomes locked and this lets you know that you are in a secured session. Our servers are located in a secure, supervised environment. Our databases are accessible only by persons who have entered into and are bound by a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement with us.
We will never resell or redistribute your information without your express permission. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request, directly and through our partners;
- troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- develop new products and services;
- display your historical transaction information;
- customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising;
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your specific preferences (if we send you marketing emails, each email will contain instructions permitting you to unsubscribe and no longer receive future marketing communications);
- compare your information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Occasionally, we conduct user surveys to learn how we can better serve you. These surveys are optional and if you choose to respond, your responses will be kept anonymous. The demographic information we collect in the registration process and through surveys is used to help us improve our services.
We generally retain your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the services or to comply with relevant law.
We never sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your express consent. If you don’t wish to receive communications from us, simply don’t share your email. That’s the only information we request from you.
We may disclose personal information if we are legally required to do so, to enforce our policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of third parties. We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers who help us with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, affiliate and rewards programs);
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the services on our site, or of the entire site;
- In connection with (including, without limitation, during the negotiation or due diligence process of) a merger, consolidation or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change;
- Third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send your information; and
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity (we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, nickname history, IP address, fraud complaints, as well as project and entry history).
In an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order, or equivalent legal document, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of the information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
- Remember that you have visited us or used the website or our services previously. This allows us to identify the number of unique visitors we receive so that we can provide enough capacity to accommodate all of our users;
- Customize our website and services for you;
- Collect data about the way you interact with our services (e.g., when you use certain features);
- Allow our business partners (including third parties) to use these tracking technologies to track your behavior on our behalf on our website (including when you use multiple devices). For example, We use Google Analytics to understand how our services perform and how you use them. To learn more about how Google processes your data, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. To opt-out of Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout; and
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the services so that we can improve the services and learn which elements and functions of the services are most popular with our users.
Some of the cookies used in the services are set by us, and others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You also can learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used in the services, you may not be able to take full advantage of the services.
We also may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
We do not allow users to register on businessnamezone.com and therefore, do not request or store personal information (other than your email if you choose to share it with us).
We protect personally identifiable information from residents of the European Union, other European Economic Area countries, and Switzerland in accordance with applicable law (including, as applicable, reliance upon your consent and EU-approved standard contract clauses).
This document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
For the purposes of EU data protection legislation, businessnamezone.com is the controller of your personal information. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.